Apprentice F5 Engineer at Lloyds Banking Group
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Lloyds Banking Group
Apprentice F5 Engineer
As part of the Networks F5 team you will get the opportunity to contribute to an existing technically strong team of Subject Matter Experts. The role is to support and deliver to change to enhance the LBG F5 infrastructure whilst ensuring currency and risk mitigation are considered throughout the entire process.
This role is offering a Level 3 Apprenticeship.
You will have the opportunity to join a team who are willing to share a broad level of technical skills and experience not only on the F5 estate but also in aspects of the wider LBG network infrastructure. The team are also fully versed in the all of the processes required to provide high-availability infrastructure to the business. These processes include Change, Incident and Problem Management which form a key part of their day-to-day role. The successful candidate will be expected to learn all of these processes as part of their on-going development and training.
Preferably, you will already have some knowledge of network infrastructure, however, this role will enable you to enhance skills and product knowledge in order to better support the senior SMEs within the team to deliver more complex changes across the infrastructure.
Principle accountabilities to include, but not limited to:
- Provision of technical support (including incident and problem resolution) following playbooks for the F5 infrastructure
- Assisting in Root Cause analysis for service affecting issues within agreed approaches
- Maintenance and currency of the F5 estate
- Carry out F5 technical activities in support of project delivery, service improvement and ongoing support of the platform
- Identify and implement improvements to technical processes and toolsets to improve resource and cost efficiency on the F5 estate
- Identify and remediate risks associated with the environment
Key Capabilities/ Knowledge
These will be developed via a colleague training plan
- Proven self-starter and IT technically aware
- Resilient approach to taking on basic tasks in order to understand a process
- Capable of following direction and requests without deviation
- Ability to work within a team structure
- Ability to logically analyse technical from multiple sources, allowing the provision of highly effective solutions in complex environments
- Good learning skills
- Strong attention to detail and service focus
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work with key stakeholders and communicate technical issues and concepts in an appropriate manner
- 5 A-C GCSE or equivalent including English and Maths, these must be evidenced on assessment.
- Any higher level related qualifications must be disclosed on application including a full breakdown of modules taken (A Levels, BTEC, degrees etc.)
- If successful, the next stage after application is an invitation to attend an assessment centre; we expect this to take place in July 2019. The location of these assessments are TBC, some travel may be required.
- The likely start date with the Group is expected to be October 2019, the actual Apprenticeship itself is expected to start 3 months following the start date.
- As part of the Apprenticeship, you will be required to travel and stay away at a dedicated training centre; flexibility with working hours will be required to support this. Travel costs will be covered.
About Lloyds Banking Group
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!