Network Security - Apprentice Technician at Lloyds Banking Group
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Lloyds Banking Group
Network Security - Apprentice Technician
Supporting Group Networks within Lloyds Banking Group at a Technical Specialist level to contribute to the support and delivery of Security infrastructure, tools and services necessary to maintain and improve the Security of the Group, to protect the Group, its customers and colleagues and be involved in the Compliance and Assurance aligning to the Groups policies and standards.
The role requires a person with great people skills, to be self-motivated with a keen interest in Technology and who can thrive working in both small individual service teams and as part of a larger Network Security team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join Network Security where you will work with, and learn from, a dedicated team of Subject Matter Experts across a number of technical disciplines required to provide on-going support for the platforms in Network / Cyber Security.
You’ll get involved in a wide range of team activities, including Support, project delivery, Risk, Currency, Performance & Capacity, analysis, service improvements, process development etc.
This is a technical role in a team that is expanding.
You will have the opportunity to join a team who are willing to share a broad level of technical skills and experience across multiple Network Security services / toolsets and also a broader view across Networks and Security as a whole.
You will gain a breadth of knowledge of Network Security solutions and tools in place, and being delivered (including some innovative technologies) in the Group, including but not limited to, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Network Analysis, Network Segregation and much more.
By the end of the programme, you will have gained knowledge of defence in depth measures and tools employed to protect, detect and defend Cyber-attacks and unauthorised access, and have specific skills in a number of these tools.
Full training will be given; this will be via on-site training by the Subject Matter Experts and also via vendor led training
Desired Skill and Qualities
- Interest in Technology, in particular Network / Cyber Security.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Good time keeping
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Presentational skills
- Customer focussed
- Planning and co-ordination skills and ability to prioritise
- Carry out technical activities in support of project delivery, service improvement and on-going support of the platform which may involve out of hours working
- Remediate risks associated with the environment as requested by SMEs
- Able to provide support on a standard hours, and Out Of Hours basis where requested to support change implementation
- Ensure all elements of the delivery of Network Security projects are completed to specification and plan
- Ensure delivery of our security services are controlled in a standard and repeatable way using best practice processes and to deliver a world class service
- External team liaison and project team representation if required to support SMEs
- Prioritisation of incidents and problems ensuring regular updates are provided in line with Group standard processes
- Challenge existing practices and approaches, and suggest improvements and new ideas that will benefit the Business
- Uphold Lloyds Banking Group Values and Behaviours whilst showing a high level of commitment to the role
- Liaise with our suppliers. Raise and track service requests to resolve issues
- 5 A-C GCSE or equivalent including English and Maths, these must be evidenced on assessment.
- Any higher level related qualifications must be disclosed on application including a full breakdown of modules taken (A Levels, BTEC, degrees etc.)
- If successful, the next stage after application is an invitation to attend an assessment centre; we expect this to take place in July 2019. The location of these assessments are TBC, some travel may be required.
- The likely start date with the Group is expected to be October 2019, the actual Apprenticeship itself is expected to start 3 months following the start date.
- As part of the Apprenticeship, you will be required to travel and stay away at a dedicated training centre; flexibility with working hours will be required to support this. Travel costs will be covered.
About Lloyds Banking Group
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!