Court of Protection Paralegal Level 3 Apprenticeship at Irwin Mitchell
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Court of Protection Paralegal Level 3 Apprenticeship
Purpose of Job
To assist the partners in providing quality legal advice and other legal services to the firm's clients.
To contribute to the overall profitability of the firm, with particular reference to providing efficient, cost effective work and contributing to practice development through marketing and selling strategies in accordance with the firm's relevant policies.
The Court of Protection is the judicial body who has jurisdiction to make decisions about property, financial affairs and personal welfare of individuals who lack mental capacity to make decisions for themselves. The Court can make one off decisions or declarations or where a series of decisions need to be made on behalf of the incapacitated person (protected person) the Court can appoint a Deputy to deal with either that persons property and affairs or health and welfare.
We have a dedicated and experienced team who specialise in all matters relating to the Court of Protection. Our expert team is the largest in the country and can assist your clients in all Court of Protection matters.
Responsibilities / Key Result Areas
1. To take initial instructions from clients and to advise after consultation with the supervising solicitor as appropriate on the legal action and all alternatives, as appropriate, open to the client.
2. To keep the client informed as required by the firm's and department's set procedures.
3. To run the files allocated in accordance with the firm's and department's set procedures.
4. To attend conferences with Counsel/court and represent the firm and client as required.
5. To meet all cost/fee targets where set.
6. To meet on a regular basis with the person to whom the post holder reports to review cases and any other matters relevant to the post holder's position. To report to the post holder's supervisor immediately any difficulties being experienced, in particular, those which may lead to a negligence action being taken against the firm and/or a complaint from a client via the Office of Supervision of Solicitors and/or the firm's complaints procedure.
7. Complete the four modules of the apprenticeship; Introduction to law and practice, law and legal research skills, legal practice and client care skills and workplace skills in order to satisfactorily complete your CILEx Level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice.
About Irwin Mitchell
Irwin Mitchell is unlike any other law firm. Nationally acclaimed, with a strong international capability, we offer a broad range of legal services to national and international organisations and institutions, small and medium-sized businesses and private individuals.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!