Heathrow Operations Level 2 Apprenticeship at British Airways
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with British Airways
Heathrow Operations Level 2 Apprenticeship
When it comes to ensuring our customers and their bags leave on time, all the time, it’s a challenging and fast-paced operation. That’s where our Baggage Handling, Aircraft Loading and Ground Logistics teams come in. This Apprenticeship is exhilarating, to say the least, as you’ll experience working in each of these teams to gain a full understanding of what it takes to keep our flights on time – and how important this role is.
As well as learning about and operating the different systems and vehicles we use, you’ll need to be flexible and adaptable to different shift patterns, and just as happy being outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions. Of course, we’ll make sure you’re fully equipped with all the proper uniforms and protective equipment you need to keep you safe. But it’s also up to you to make safety a priority in everything you do.
With extensive training, support and hands on experience, the programme will give you everything you need to gain an Intermediate Apprenticeship (level 2) as an Aviation Ground Operative.
- Load and unload aircraft quickly, safely and securely as part of an experienced team
- Learn to operate aircraft loading systems, allocation devices and terminal baggage systems
- Gain knowledge of our safety and security standards and understand how to apply them in your work, including wearing protective equipment
- Communicate with customers and colleagues
- Develop your skills, experience and knowledge through a variety of hands-on practical work and coursework as part of a recognised qualification
What we look for
Essential Qualifications: Must hold the below qualifications at the point of application
- 3 GCSEs (9-4) A*-C or equivalent, including English and Maths
- Full UK DVLA Driving Licence (held for a period of at least 1 Year at the point of application)
- Must Hold a Full DVLA driving licence for a minimum of one year prior to application
- Confidence to work on your own initiative or as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Ability to take on physically challenging work and work under pressure
- A positive, professional attitude and commitment to customer service
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!