Apprentice Air Engineering Technician at Royal Navy
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Apprentice Air Engineering Technician
- When you join the Royal Navy as an Air Engineering Technician, you’re vital to keeping our airborne missions on track.
- That means working with some of the most advanced aircraft on the planet, like the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter.
- You’ll carry out maintenance, as well as services and inspections, before and after each flight.
- The Fleet Air Arm increases our reach as an armed force, and you’ll be at the frontline, working on ships from Bahrain to the Bahamas.
The Royal Navy will give you skills. We’ll develop your abilities, train you to be the best, show you how to achieve your goals and give you recognised qualifications.
You’ll need commitment, enthusiasm and common sense. You should also have mathematical ability, communication skills and an interest in engineering systems – all of which you can develop during your training. Above all, you need to work well as part of a team.
- There are no minimum qualification requirements
- You’ll need to be aged at least 15 years and 9 months old when you apply, and under 34 years old when you begin basic training
- You need to be over 16 years old on entry
- You need to be a minimum height of 151.5cm and within the healthy range for Body Mass Index (BMI)
- You must be a British or Irish national, a Commonwealth citizen who has lived in the UK continuously for the 5 years prior to applying, or a dual national
You’ll start your career as an Able Rate. With some experience and further training, you could be promoted to Leading Hand. After that, you may go on to become a Petty Officer, Chief Petty Officer, then a Warrant Officer. If you show the right commitment, skills and academic ability, you may also have the chance to become a Commissioned Officer. You’ll be chosen for promotion on merit, so if you work hard, you can quickly rise through the ranks
Things to consider
There are many benefits of undertaking an Apprenticeship within the Royal Navy, such as: • Start on a salary of over £14,900, rising to over £18,400 on completion of your basic training. As your career progresses you have the potential to earn in excess of £49,000 • Potential to earn additional financial bonuses depending upon your role • Wide range of benefits including a House Purchase Scheme • Six weeks of paid holiday every year • Adventurous training – from skiing to diving, you can enhance your skillset in unique environments around the world • Free phone calls home and Internet access when you are at sea • Free medical and dental care • Access to superb sports and fitness facilities • Subsidised travel and accommodation • Excellent pension scheme
About The Royal Navy
The Royal Navy (RN) is responsible for the protection of British interests at home and around the World. 95% of all world trade passes through the high seas and every year Britain imports £524 billion worth of goods. The RN takes an active part in the protection of British Shipping. Around the United Kingdom the RN protects vital fishing stocks by monitoring fishing activities in our waters.
Across the world, the RN provides a range of activities including search and rescue operations; security and stability activities to prevent and deter terrorism and maritime crime; the protection of British Overseas Territories; provision of humanitarian assistance and disaster relief; and tasking for our international partnerships, such as NATO and the United Nations.
As a Royal Navy Apprentice, you will be part of a very big team with a very varied career. You will have access to and responsibility for some cutting edge equipment.
You will go to sea on some of the World’s most modern warships and submarines and visit places you might never have the opportunity to visit in any other profession. You will learn a trade, master skills and gain qualifications in a working environment like no other.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.