Software Engineering Academy Higher Apprenticeship at Sky
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Sky
Software Engineering Academy Higher Apprenticeship
- Duration: 18 months
- Requirements: at least five GCSEs A* – C (or equivalent 9-4), including English and Maths
- Location(s): Osterley, West London & Leeds, Yorkshire & The Humber
- Start date: 5th August 2019
About the programme
For the first four weeks, you’ll join our boot camp training programme. You’ll gain experience in software engineering principles, Agile methodologies, Java development, test-driven development and continuous build and integration. You’ll then work on current projects in various areas of the business.
- Team up with senior Software Engineers and experience life in an exciting, tech-focused environment
- Deliver and support the building of our software products
- Work to tight timescales using Agile delivery principles
- Get to grips with open source tools and web technologies
- Passionate about tech, with a particular interest in programming (if you’ve already dabbled with code, even better)
- Collaborative and great with people
- A self-starter, resilient when it gets hectic
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
29 years of experience. 23 million customers. Seven countries. Sky, Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business, is more than just television, mobile and broadband. With pioneering technology, innovative minds and forward-thinking teams, they make the future happen.
People drive Sky’s success. With programmes in Software Development, Technology, Journalism, Finance, Marketing, Customer Service and more, Sky looks out for a whole host of different skills. What you need to succeed is the drive, passion and ambition to write your own career story – whatever your previous experience. You’ll be given lots of responsibility, with hands-on training and on-the-job learning. Add in flexible working, structured learning plans, competitive rewards and discounts, and you’ll have everything you need to flourish.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.