Technical Engineering Level 3 Apprenticeship at Renishaw
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Renishaw
Technical Engineering Level 3 Apprenticeship
We are looking for 14 apprentices for our SEMTA-accredited, award winning Engineering Apprenticeship scheme, based in Gloucestershire.
Starting in September 2019, this is a four-year commitment during which you will learn and develop engineering skills and knowledge through onsite work placements, whilst also studying for nationally recognized qualifications.
- You will be based in full time education at Gloucestershire Engineering Training (GET), a technical facility based in Gloucester. Some learning will be held at Renishaw sites.
- You will learn the basic practical and theoretic principles of engineering, studying Performing Engineering Operations at NVQ Level 2, and a Technical Certificate Level 3 Diploma in Engineering Technology.
- 20% of your time is spent in classrooms learning the principles of engineering, and developing maths and science skills, and 80% of your time is spent in the workshop learning hands-on skills, using machines and applying theory.
- Renishaw apprentices are dual skilled, learning both mechanical and electrical/electronic elements.
- All apprentices will be required to spend some time in our Machine Shop and Production facilities to get an appreciation of manufacture and production processes. Please note there will be a requirement to spend some of this time working a double day shift pattern - alternating each week between a work pattern of 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm.
- Continued day release each week to GET to study the second year of the Technical Certificate.
- Continued study towards the NVQ Level 3, supported by regular review meetings with GET tutors
- Meet regularly with our apprentice team to assess ongoing performance.
Years 3 and 4
- On-going work placements of 6 months each spent in different areas of the company, to gain a broad knowledge base and determine your area of interest for your future development.
- There is a chance to study towards an HNC or a Higher Apprenticeship.
- You will transfer off the scheme into a role and division within Renishaw where there will be continued improvement and development of your skills and knowledge.
- Continued study towards higher education with further career progression being supported for the right candidates.
Applicants must have:
- At least 5 GCSEs, including the minimum of a B or level 5 in Maths, and Cs (or level 4) or above in four other subjects including Science and English.
- Other relevant subjects such as D&T, Resistant Materials or Engineering would be an advantage. Please note that if you have PEOs or BTECs in Engineering, you may be required to repeat certain modules. Please ensure your CV is up to date with details of qualifications you are currently studying towards, including full titles and levels. You can include predicted grades if you have not completed your studies yet.
- A current or recent job, this does not need to be relevant to engineering and can be a paper round or Saturday job, as this demonstrates maturity, responsibility and independence.
- Relevant work experience done through school or college would be beneficial although is not essential.
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm to undertake a practical, hands on role in a manufacturing environment.
- Enthusiasm, motivation and a positive attitude, pride in a job well done, and the commitment to put in the time and effort during the apprenticeship in order to reap the benefits when the apprenticeship ends.
Use your covering letter to tell us:
- why you want to do an apprenticeship and why you want to work in engineering.
- what interests you have away from school/college or work that support a mechanical aptitude and interest in the principles of engineering.
- how you plan to travel to college and your place of work at the various site, bearing in mind that some time will be spent following shift patterns.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!