R&D Data Scientist Degree Apprenticeship at GSK
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with GSK
R&D Data Scientist Degree Apprenticeship
Exciting minds with our Apprenticeship programme - R&D Data Scientist Degree apprenticeship
Data Science is a broad and fast-moving field spanning maths and statistics, software engineering and communications. Data Scientists blend experience and knowledge from a wide range of fields and organisations, and continuously seek to expand their range of technical skills.
At our GSK’s R&D hub at Stevenage, Computational Biology supports drug discovery and development through the integrative analysis of internal and/or external biomedical data
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. You’ll be working towards a degree (BSc) in Data Science which will take up to 36 months. Your degree will be funded by GSK and studies will be blended, combining online study with face to face lectures at Anglia Ruskin University Cambridge campus.
Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us. You will be assigned a buddy or a mentor who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
What will you do?
At GSK our data analysis competencies are quite diverse and can include: genetics and genomics analyses (e.g. gene expression, integrative omics, functional genomics), pathways and networks analyses, disease indications findings, molecular evolution.
Also you will be;
- Analysing biomedical data, especially genomics data, to support drug discovery with a focus on target identification and validation in immunology and oncology
- Developing and delivering support and guidance materials for new and non-expert users to access and use deployed genomics and bioinformatics data and solutions
- Contribute to AI and machine learning projects that drive insight into multiple phases of the drug development pipeline from target identification and validation to later phases.
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Working in an area that results in impacting development of new medicines for important diseases of unmet medical need.
- Working on a variety of data analysis competencies and building your scientific knowledge, on a tailored development programme
- Learning how to prioritise and manage multiple projects, objectives and deadlines with high attention to detail
- Shaping your own development
- Learning new data skills and concepts
What qualifications do I need?
To be eligible for our Data Science apprenticeship programme, you will need:
- At least 5 GCSEs at grade C/grade 4 or above (or equivalent), which must include English Language and Maths.
- A level Mathematics at grade B or above. Alternatively other STEM subjects such as Physics or Computer Science may be considered
- 120 UCAS points or equivalent
Where will I be based?
You will be based at GSK’s R&D hub at Stevenage, Hertfordshire
When does the Apprenticeship start?
Our apprenticeships start in September 2019.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- A performance and development programme
- Training and Development (including opportunities to attend events such as the Outward Bound
- A nationally recognised qualification
Next steps in our application process:
If you seem like a good fit based on your application form, we’ll invite you to complete our World of GSK online assessment. This will give us a better idea of your strengths and suitability for our apprentice programme. Please check your email daily to see if you’ve been chosen – and complete the World of GSK by the deadline given.
If you succeed in the World of GSK, you’ll progress to the GSK Life job simulation. Following this, we will be looking back over the whole of your application so far to decide whether you meet the specific requirements of the programme in the country you have applied to.
The final round is our Assessment Centre. We anticipate this will be in Feb-April.
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also, because it’s the right thing to do.
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare within which all our 100,000 employees share the vision of helping people do more, feel better and live longer.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
You’ll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from GSK
What is it like to be a GSK apprentice? To be an artwork and design apprentice is great, the opportunities that...