Investment Services Apprenticeship at M&G
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with M&G
Engaging, rewarding, and offering a wealth of opportunities.... these are just some of the things our staff say about their career at M&G.
We’re not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, but flexible enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and rotations to your needs.
Investment Services Apprenticeship
Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? M&G Investments is looking for a school leaver to join its Apprenticeship scheme working within its Portfolio Services team within the Investment Services function.
Throughout the 12-18-month Apprenticeship you will work towards the Level 3 Investment Operations Standard, which will include the industry recognised Investment Operations Certificate (IOC) qualification. This opportunity will enable you to develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by interacting with people across the business at all levels.
Our programme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading Investment Management company, straight after sixth form or college and is not a graduate programme. It provides an opportunity to receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary. We are invested in the long-term talent potential of our Apprentices, and therefore offer permanent Apprenticeship roles. Your IOC and Apprenticeship must be completed within 12 to 18 months before you roll off into the team.
Portfolio Services Team
An opportunity has arisen to recruit a bright, energetic self-starter into our Portfolio Services team, which sits within the M&G Investment Services department.
The team performs a varied function.
- We support investment teams, external clients and third-party administrators, as well as internal administration teams. We focus on post trade activity administration to ensure stock and cash settle in a timely manner and without any issues.
- Our internal records are reconciled against Custody (funds bank account, external records) daily to maintain accurate positions for Investment Teams to manage their portfolios. The team is also responsible for all transition management in/out of unitised products. This is when an investor wishes to enter / exit a fund with stock as opposed to cash.
- We provide support to all change teams responsible for launching funds
- We are responsible for managing delivery of regulatory reporting on a quarterly basis.
To be successful in the role the candidate should be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal & written.
This is an opportunity to join a vibrant team who place value on working at high efficiency level and offer excellent client service to all stakeholders. The varied nature of the role promises a steep learning curve for the successful applicant.
The role is split between satisfying ad-hoc requests and the following regular tasks:
- Validating Invoices against rate cards and arranging for sign off by the Investment Teams and instructing payment out of the fund’s custody / bank account
- Processing investor flows, distributions and fund fees on internal systems and instructing cash movements out of the fund’s bank account (Custody)
- Ensuring the integrity of internal systems. This includes reviewing cash reconciliation breaks daily (versus Custody records) on all unitised funds, raising any aged or large items with the Front Office
- Respond to ad-hoc post trade queries, acting as a conduit between Investment Teams and third-party administrators / Custodians
- Prepare trade reports to share with internal and external stakeholders
It is expected that the successful candidate will display the following qualities;
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 96 UCAS points, or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Keen to start a career in a financial services environment
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An approachable, positive “can do” attitude
- A numerate, logical and analytical approach
- Proactive in learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Display an interest & broad understanding of wider financial services industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with willingness to develop these skills further
- Willingness to take part in further qualifications post Apprenticeship
Who can apply?
To join us you will need to have finished your studies and achieved 96 UCAS points; demonstrate the drive and motivation to achieve in a challenging role. If you are currently still studying, we recommend that you apply for roles from February 2019 onwards.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
How to apply
To apply and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.