Fund Management Apprenticeship at M&G Investments
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with M&G Investments
Engaging, rewarding, and offering a wealth of opportunities.... these are just some of the things our staff say about their career at M&G.
We’re not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, but flexible enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and rotations to your needs.
Fund Management Apprenticeship
Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? M&G Investments is looking for a school leaver to join its Apprenticeship scheme working within its Alternative Credit Client team.
Throughout the 12-18 month apprenticeship you will work towards the Level 3 Investment Operations Standard, which will include a relevant industry recognised qualification, such as the Investment Operations Certificate. This opportunity will enable you to develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by interacting with people across the business at all levels.
Our programme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading investment management company, straight after sixth form or college and is not a graduate programme. It provides an opportunity to receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary. The Apprenticeships that we offer are permanent roles; however, you must achieve your objectives and complete your qualification during the 12-18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team.
Alternative Credit Client Team
The Fixed Income business at M&G is looking for an Apprentice to join its Alternative Credit Client team. Alternative Credit manages £11bn of private and illiquid fixed income assets for third parties across 40 funds and mandates with over 200 clients. Our clients are Institutional and typically UK Pension Schemes or Insurance Firms.
The purpose of the role will be to ensure administrative support to Client Relationship Managers and Investment Specialists, working across the entire funds and mandates range managed by the team (these include Long Lease Property and Income Strip funds, Inflation Opportunities, Illiquid Credit Opportunities and Long Dated Asset Funds which are illiquid multi-asset credit funds, direct lending and private placement mandates, a number of Asset Backed Security mandates and funds and the Impact Financing Fund.)
No knowledge of financial products is required, but candidates must display a genuine interest in the investment management industry.
The scheme will give successful candidates a very practical introduction to Alternative Credit and its importance within M&G, while providing early exposure to a range of challenging business experiences.
- Taking ownership for and organising / tracking incoming client queries
- Answering ad hoc client queries (both internal and external)
- Assist with the completions of written and data questionnaires
- Assist in preparation for client meetings via production of presentations or co-ordination of preparatory documents
- Assist in the preparation of reports for internal meetings
- Facilitate the completion of business management tasks for the client team (e.g. procedures manual, Salesforce client management system)
- Undertake any operational or administrative ad hoc projects as and when required
It is expected that the successful candidate will display the following qualities;
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 96 UCAS points, or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Keen to start a career in a financial services environment
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An approachable, positive “can do” attitude
- A numerate, logical and analytical approach
- A team player with the flexibility and ability to manage a varied role
- Proactive in learning new skills
- Ability to use own initiatives where required
- Curiosity to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organised
- Ability to prioritise own workload to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with willingness to develop these skills further
- Desire to learn about and understand the different investment strategies within Alternative Credit
- Willingness to take part in further qualifications post Apprenticeship (e.g. IMC)
Who can apply?
To join us you will need to have achieved or be predicted 96 UCAS points; demonstrate the drive and motivation to achieve in a challenging role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
How to apply
To apply and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!