Business Management and Administration Apprenticeship Schemes at BBCTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with BBC
Business Management and Administration Apprenticeship Schemes
There is no better time to take the first step in your career and join us on any of our Business Management & Administration Apprenticeships at all levels;
- Chartered Management Degree Apprenticeship (Level 6)
- Data Analyst Apprenticeship (Level 4)
- Marketing Executive Apprenticeship (Level 4)
- Business Administrator Apprenticeship (Level 3)
As part of your programme (ranging from 18 months to 3 years depending on the nature of your chosen apprenticeship), we will support you as you work with passionate and skilled people in a variety of work placements across the BBC.
You will learn about the different areas of business such as Marketing, Project Management, Budget Management and Digital Technology - At the same time as studying towards a Level 3/4/6 qualification (depending on the nature of your chosen apprenticeship).
For the Chartered Management Degree Apprenticeship, you will gain a degree in Business Management and have the option to apply for professional recognition as Chartered Managers and Members of the Chartered Management Institute (CMgr MCMI) and/or as a member of the Institute for Leadership & Management or other relevant professional body.
You will be based in Birmingham, Salford or one of our London offices in W1 (Oxford Circus) or W12 (White City). You can state your preferred location when you apply.
Start Date: September 2019
Who are You?
Does this sound like the scheme for you? Here is what we are looking for…
- Be someone with a genuine interest in learning and developing a career in Business Management within the creative industry.
- Be passionate and enthusiastic to work at the BBC.
- Be able to show that you can work to your own initiative
- Have great communication skills and thrive when working in a team.
- Be an organised self-starter who can manage their own workload.
- Have a good eye for detail.
- Have excellent numeracy skills and be able to work with spreadsheets and databases.
- Enjoy solving problems and offering ideas and suggestions for improvement.
We ask for a minimum of 5 GCSEs, grade C or above including Maths and English (or equivalent). However, we will be testing your verbal and numerical ability throughout the process so welcome applications who don't have those qualifications yet but we see their potential for the scheme.
What Are We Offering?
- An annual salary of £14,250 (£18,810 for those working in London)
- For the CMDA, a BSc Honours degree in Professional Management (equivalent to Business Management)
- Between 18 months – 3 years of valuable experience working at one of the world’s most creative and innovative media organisations.
- Knowledge and insight into a range of general and specialist business skills.
- The option to be assessed for Chartered Manager status following the success of your degree/Level 6 apprenticeship.
Where Could This Take You?
On completion of your placement you will have gained experience and skills to freely apply for suitable positions in the various departments that you worked in as part of the scheme.
Some of our previous apprentices have successfully applied to roles in Marketing, Project Management and Business Coordinator positions.
To be eligible for this scheme you will need to have eligibility to work in the UK.
About the BBC
Be part of something special. Join the BBC.
The BBC is the world’s leading public service broadcaster. Funded primarily through the television licence fee, the BBC provides audiences in the UK with high quality and distinctive services across television, radio and online. In the UK the BBC provides 10 network television services, 10 network radio services, 46 radio services in the nations and regions of the UK, plus an extensive online presence. The BBC also delivers impartial news and information to audiences around the globe through the World Service.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!