Do you want to kick-start your career in one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies? Every day, 2.5 billion people in 190 countries buy and use our products including Persil, Dove, Magnum, Hellman’s, Marmite and Lynx.
Engineering Apprenticeship - Gloucester
Why not kick-start your career with the Engineering Apprenticeship at Unilever? Getting an ice cream like Magnum into the hands of a consumer in the right condition at the right time and price is very much at the heart of what we do!
The Unilever Multi-Skilled Engineering Apprenticeship is your opportunity to a career in one of our World-Class Factories.
Main Job Purpose
Our 3-year programme will allow you to become a Multi-Skilled Engineer engaged to optimize the running and maintenance of equipment within the factory. Where breakdowns occur the Multi – Skilled Engineer will act to diagnose and troubleshoot faults and where necessary will recommend design improvements.
This apprenticeship leads to BTEC Lev 3 Diploma in Engineering; NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance. Upon completion there is the opportunity for our apprentices to progress to higher education apprenticeship.
Our programme is externally accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology [IET].
About the Programme
Our apprentices follow 3-year Development Road Map which incorporates the National Apprenticeship Standard as well as the Unilever specific technology modules and personal development programme. You will gain engineering skills and get experience in a range of different Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and Control technologies.
You'll spend the first year as a full-time student at one of our selected college providers. For the next two years, our programme requires in-house and external training courses, college block release.
- Must be prepared to live & work away from home in event of learning activity not being in a local area
- Must be prepared to travel occasionally to other locations in connection with work
- Must be prepared to work flexibly – i.e. willingness to occasionally work outside of day hours
- Must pass a pre-employment medical
- The college you will be attending will be Cheshire College, South and West
- Minimum 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (A-C) or above or equivalent including English, Maths and Science / Technology / Engineering related subject (Grade 5 (B) or above in Maths is desirable); please state your predicted grade in your application if you have yet to receive your result.
- This is the next step in your career and with it comes accountability and responsibility. You will be working while you study and you will need to show you have the commitment and initiative to manage the pressures that this will bring.
- You should have a passion to succeed and an ability to meet deadlines both at work and with your studies. You should be prepared to take on challenging work outside of your comfort zone.
- Applicants must be passionate and enthusiastic about engineering.
- You’ll be an individual with plenty of drive and self-motivation who enjoys working within a team.
- You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
Start date: September 2018
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Unilever
Unilever made the life-changing move from college to work so easy. I get a real buzz from my role –...