Business Development Apprenticeship at Warner Bros.
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Warner Bros.
About Warner Bros.
We’re a global leader in all forms of entertainment, from movie and TV screens to mobile devices, store shelves and beyond. We work, grow and create world class content in one of the biggest, busiest studio lots in the industry, as well as at countless studios, sets and offices around the globe. We are home to the most beloved characters, franchises, heroes and wizards in the world, and to a diverse and inclusive workforce of thousands that brings those brands to life every day. We are fans of what we make and proud of what we do.
Business Development Apprenticeship
Primary Purpose of the Divison
Develop and Implement the digital distribution strategy in UK and Eire. Manage the electronic distribution streams of the Studio’s product over existing, new and emerging digital platforms. Warner Bros Digital Distribution (WBDD) is responsible for all video on demand, Electronic Sell Thru, Online and mobile distribution of the Studio’s various product lines. The objectives of the division are-:
- To assist existing divisions in adding digital rights to current client deals
- To develop incremental revenue through digital distribution of existing studio properties across TV, Film and Games content.
- To develop new products and services to exploit the opportunities created by emerging digital platforms and services.
Primary Purpose of the Role
To provide full support to the Digital Sales and Catalogue Marketing Team, they will be comfortable in researching developments in digital distribution channels be they films, books, music or games and presenting findings to the team and wider company as necessary. Become team expert on content playback and storage across digital store fronts (e.g. iTunes, Amazon and Google Play) set top box (e.g. Sky, Virgin, BT TV), connected TV (LG, Sony, Panasonic, Samsung), tablet (iPad, Kindle Fire, Nexus) or any other device (Tablet, phone and pc). Support the distribution of premium quality entertainment products across multiple digital platforms with the aim of meeting or exceeding sales revenue targets. To work cross divisionally to support ALL digital areas of the HE business.
Essential Job Functions:
- Be the WB digital expert
- Internal and External meetings support
- Build and implement annual promotional calendar for key digital retailers:
- Digital Marketing
- Administrative Support
- Support PR by providing information on key digital initiatives across a range of customer activities and technological priorities.
To complete these projects you will need to liaise with all internal teams across WB Home Entertainment group as well as with the Digital Distribution team, based in Burbank, CA. You will need to be a confident communicator with the ability to follow through on projects ensuring timely completion.
- Business Studies, Finance or Marketing undergraduate preferred.
- Excellent GSCE and A Level (or equivalent) results.
- Must be well organized and disciplined with the ability to plan and prioritize workload effectively.
- Must be able to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
- An interest in new technology/gadget, social networking sites.
- Must be analytical and pay close attention to detail.
- Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and some experience of using databases preferred.
- Experience of using the internet for research purposes.
- 18 month contract starting July 2018 – course: Business Administration Level 3
- Salary: £16,500
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!