Operations Apprenticeship at M&G
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with M&G
Engaging, rewarding, and offering a wealth of opportunities.... these are just some of the things our staff say about their career at M&G.
We’re not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, but flexible enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and rotations to your needs.
Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? M&G Investments is looking for a school leaver to join its Apprenticeship Scheme working within the Investment Services department.
Throughout the 12-18 month Apprenticeship you will work towards achieving relevant qualifications (including Investment Operations Certificate); develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by engaging with people across the business; receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary.
The scheme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading investment management company, straight after sixth form or college. It is not a graduate programme.
While this is a permanent role, you must achieve your objectives and complete the qualifications during the 12-18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team.
Regional Shareholder Disclosures
The Investment Services department at M&G is looking for an Apprentice to join its Regional Shareholder Disclosures team. This will involve working with a dedicated team of six responsible for ensuring all shareholding reporting responsibilities are met for M&G assigned regions (currently 54 countries).
Shareholder reporting relates to the monitoring of rules that have been set in place by various regulatory bodies, in multiple locations, which are designed to ensure appropriate levels of transparency around the ownership of companies whose shares are usually admitted to trading on a regulated market, such as the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange.
The role extends into business areas across the Prudential Group and will provide excellent exposure to many key stakeholders across M&G and Prudential. Good communication skills and attention to detail are a prerequisite and you will be fully responsible for daily tasks requiring a self-disciplined and organised approach in order to be successful.
The scheme will give successful candidates a practical introduction to Shareholder Reporting and an insight into how business units across the Group operate.
- Daily monitoring of positions and system maintenance.
- Disclosures as required across M&G jurisdictions.
- Authorise Front Office trades on restricted securities.
- Ensure that all Regulatory obligations are met.
- Support M&G and Group Shareholder Disclosure initiatives as required.
It is expected that the successful candidate will display the following qualities;
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 96 UCAS points, or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Keen to start a career in a financial services environment
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An approachable, positive “can do” attitude
- A numerate, logical and analytical approach
- Proactive in learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with willingness to develop these skills further
- Willingness to take part in further qualifications post Apprenticeship
Who can apply?
To join us you will need to have achieved or be predicted 96 UCAS points; demonstrate the drive and motivation to achieve in a challenging role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
How to apply
To apply and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.