About Balfour Beatty
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in Ashford.
Take a look at what we do:
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as an Apprentice Fitter. Taking responsibility for the health and safety of you, colleagues and other persons who may be affected by your acts and omissions at work, and for the environment. You will also contribute to the delivery of company occupational health and welfare, safety, quality and environmental improvement plans. Only undertake work for which you have been trained and (if required) certificated competent.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will study for and be expected to pass Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering Manufacture: Engineering Maintenance within 4 years. The first year will be spent at college on a full time basis
What you'll be doing
- Understand that working safely is good for the Balfour Beatty Rail business, good for the industry – and good for you.
- Ensuring a disciplined approach to SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality) on site, reinforce the procedures constantly - and if you have a late change to a plan, reassess the risks.
- Be assertive and confident in making sure all SHEQ procedures are followed.
- Identify and to resolve SHEQ issues yourself raising them with other managers if you can’t.
- Be open about unsafe actions from which lessons can be learned.
- Provide clear and simple SHEQ guidance.
- Ensure the correct use of PPE and use it yourself to set the right example.
- Under the guidance of an appointed mentor(s):
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s Policies and Procedures on Health & Safety, COSHH, Drugs and Alcohol policy, Quality and Environmental issues.
- Ensure you understand local emergency procedures.
- Assist in maintaining OTMs to work instruction WI/RP/05
- Become proficient in and carry out as required the fault finding and subsequent repair of all of the following disciplines as defined by the Workshop Supervisor. Mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic electric and electronic systems associated with OTMs.
- Ensure you have a clear understanding of the Health and Safety at Work act Including PPE requirements
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- 3 GCSEs, Including Maths and English at Grade C or equivalent
- Completed an Intermediate(LEVEL 2) apprenticeship in An Engineering OR Construction Discipline
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Work experience or Part time employment
- Keen willing individual with an interest in Engineering
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Balfour Beatty
- Balfour Beatty
- Apprenticeship - Intermediate Level (Level 2)