1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Towards the end of the apprenticeship, i am now working on technical IT projects which involves managing deployments of our group desktop systems further across the company, especially in stores and similar areas.
I also look after enterprise Mac management using Casper, as well as looking after desktop areas.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Various courses - technical, project management, ITIL etc.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have very much enjoyed working at Tesco so far, the people have been welcoming and friendly and the company culture is very relaxed but challenging at the same time.
4. How valued do you feel by Tesco?
Having involvement with the team and projects makes me feel like i have a part to play, and regular catch-ups with line managers also helps with this.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
There have been many organisational changes during the programme but that is not so much the programmes fault more than the necessary changes around the business, these have caused some confusion at times but i think without the changes, the programme would have been flawless.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Online support is always accessible and the tutors are friendly in person and always willing to help.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Line manager and team support always available if you have any issues while at work.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very good salary for my age, i live at home and it works well but if i was staying on my own, it would possibly be a struggle.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Team activities, lunches etc.
9a. Would you recommend Tesco to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Great for getting a head start in the working industry and learning early and fast.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Tesco? *
More from TescoMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!