1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
i am an Overhead Line (OHL) apprentice. this involves climbing HV transmision towers to carry out maintanance on equipment.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
yes, i have learn't many useful skills in my time at national grid.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
i very much enjoy my program as we are given a very indepth insight into our roles before we work on live conductors.
4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?
i am made to feel valued by national grid as they take care of me and provide travel and accommodation.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
i feel overall our program is well planned however sometimes i feel things can be unorganised.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
i receive a suitable amount of support from the trainers.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
i feel i receive a lot of support from my employer in terms of accommodation and travel.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
yes i am excited by the prospect of competing in the sailing challenge. however Eakring can feel quite isolated.
9. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend?
i already have as it is a good company to work for.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid?
know your health and safety and be prepared to stay away from home.
More from National GridMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!