1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
General machine and production line maintenance.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
At wolverhampton college i learnt new skills in milling and turning, and the foundations of pneumatic and hydraulic principals. At work I have learnt some panel wiring.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Started off really poor, is improving since a new training manager has been employed
4. How valued do you feel by Jaguar Land Rover?
No appreciation or recognition from my JLR apprenticeship manager. Havent seen or heard from him since december 2013.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
College was well organised and structured. There is no organisation of the apprenticeship in plant at all.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Before my training provider employed a full time assessor/mentor to monitor the apprentices here, we had minimal support from them. the support we receive now from our training manager is great and he is really trying to turn the EMC apprenticeship around but is finding it difficult due to not working for JLR
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I recieve good support from the maintenance manager as he understands that his apprentices are the future and within the next year or so will be in his team. He is on side with our projects and gives us guidance.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I take part in CSR events every now and then.
9a. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
I wouldn't recommend the EMC apprenticeship to a friend just yet, they need to sort this apprenticeship out first. Maybe in 2 or 3 years.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover? *
Put good thought into the online application form and be confident in the assessment days.
More from Jaguar Land RoverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!