Apprentice Maintenance Engineer at Jaguar Land Rover

Wolverhampton

4.4/10

General machine and production line maintenance.

At wolverhampton college i learnt new skills in milling and turning, and the foundations of pneumatic and hydraulic principals. At work I have learnt some panel wiring.

Started off really poor, is improving since a new training manager has been employed

No appreciation or recognition from my JLR apprenticeship manager. Havent seen or heard from him since december 2013.

College was well organised and structured. There is no organisation of the apprenticeship in plant at all.

Before my training provider employed a full time assessor/mentor to monitor the apprentices here, we had minimal support from them. the support we receive now from our training manager is great and he is really trying to turn the EMC apprenticeship around but is finding it difficult due to not working for JLR

I recieve good support from the maintenance manager as he understands that his apprentices are the future and within the next year or so will be in his team. He is on side with our projects and gives us guidance.

I take part in CSR events every now and then.

I wouldn't recommend the EMC apprenticeship to a friend just yet, they need to sort this apprenticeship out first. Maybe in 2 or 3 years.

Put good thought into the online application form and be confident in the assessment days.