Higher Apprentice Electrical Engineer at Jaguar Land Rover

Solihull
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4)
28th April 2015

9.4/10

I am set become a supplier quality electrical engineer. At the moment I am currently studying at Warwickshire College to complete a foundation degree in engineering, alongside 10 level 2 engineering courses. This is part of the new government programme called Trailblazer. As part of my role I am meeting new suppliers frequently and interacting with people internally as well as externally. There are many projects constantly running. One project I am currently working on is to build a Jaguar F-type driving simulator.

The amount of skills and experience to be gained from this apprenticeship are vast. Not only do we receive a fully sponsored, we also gain practical experience and knowledge from working in plant.

JLR exceeded my expectations. I was expecting a competitive environment, however all colleagues and staff at JLR were welcoming and extremely helpful.

JLR hold apprentices in high regard and understand the importance of apprentices in this ever evolving company.

As we are on the trailblazer programme, there are a few teething problems. However JLR are supportive and understanding and help us overcome these problems.

Tutors are available for guidance and if you need help. Main message to students being, if you don't know, ask!

A lot of support is available from JLR, whether it be from a colleague, HR or managers.

All my costs are covered by my salary and I also have a extra which I can put into my savings.

There are events taking place all the time, however due to workload it is difficult to attend all the events.

Fully funded degree from Warwick university. High salary compared to other apprenticeships. Pay rises every 6 months based on targets. Company benefits. Experience from leading engineers.

Most of all working for a global reputable brand.

Research into the application process. Prepare for the interview stage. Be yourself!