1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Higher apprentice for diesel calibration, power train. At the moment i am still working in college and am acquiring skills which will help me when i get into plant. Such as learning CAD programs and Automotive engineering.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt how different systems work in a vehicle such as 4 stroke cycle and transmission systems.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The people who i work with all want to be here and make the job enjoyable and when i go into plant the team all want to help.
4. How valued do you feel by Jaguar Land Rover?
I feel we are valued so much by the company as any problems we have with work/college/personal they are always there to help.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I feel the college side to the apprenticeship isnt as well structured as it could be but the work side of it is very hands on and enjoyable.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I feel there isnt much support from the college.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I feel JLR give us the maximum amount of support.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I feel we are paid extremely well it allows us to live near the college if we need to or travel while also giving us money for personal gains.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
JLR offer a scheme where you can have a grant to let us do sports or driving experience.
9. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend?
I feel it is an amazing opportunity if you want to get into the engineering field.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover?
Be honest, it doesnt matter if you dont know much about engines just make sure you are enthusiastic.
More from Jaguar Land RoverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!