1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Networking, communication - particularly at a professional level (how to present, take notes). To ask questions in order to make sure you fully understand what you are doing.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy working within my team on a daily basis, whilst also having the opportunity to network with other apprentices on my programme. The company culture at UBS is amazing, it is extremely inclusive and diversity is very important. The degree with the University of Exeter is also great.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Induction/training was very efficient. I have felt that I have been given a lot of support with both my studies but also through my contribution to the team.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A great deal of support, both academically and at work. The HR team are good at supporting us throughout the programme. My Line Manager is great at providing additional support, as well as my Workplace Mentor who I also have regular catch-ups with.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
My academic mentor is good at supporting me with my qualifications. We catch up every few months in a Tripartite Review with my Line Manager, but I also know that my academic mentor is there if I need any extra support.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
The degree and the banking qualifications are useful in widening my knowledge of the financial services, which helps with both my daily roles and networking capability.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
Yes, there are lots of different communities and networks employees are welcome to get involved in.
9a. Would you recommend UBS to a friend?
It is a great place to work, with lots of amazing opportunities, lovely people and a wonderful culture.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to UBS?
Be yourself, have an interest in the division you are applying to - ask questions. Be passionate about your hobbies and interests & show why you care for the community and environment.