Dispensary Lead Operator at Premier Foods

2020
Lifton
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5/6/7)
March 2021

Connect with Premier Foods

6.8/10

Supervising staff to ensure ingredients are batched up ready for production. Using SAP to process T&A and production orders to maintain trace ability. Ordering consumables and cleaning chemicals for the site. Working on CI projects + conducting waste walks to highlight any areas that could be improved upon. FLT driver.

Yes. Attended management courses + health and safety courses. Site racking inspector Fork lift driver Food Safety certificates Holchem CIP level 3 certificate. Learnt how to deal with the demands of a fast paced production environment and get the best out of the tea to achieve the desired results.

I enjoy being part of Premier Foods. I feel like a positive member of the team and am happy to work towards improving the site and working practices in order to benefit the business.

Imagine yourself working at Premier Foods

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Premier Foods

I think there could be more training opportunities and career progression options. I have been lucky to be enrolled on the apprenticeship programme and have received support from the Company. In order to successfully complete the apprenticeship I need to be exposed to more project work than at present.

My team leader and immediate manager are not involved directly with the project side of the business so are unable to support as much as they would like. I have received some support from the project team, but they are often busy with ongoing projects.

Tutor is great. He is very engaging in the lessons and is quick to respond to emails and queries. The lessons are enjoyable and the format works well.

The apprenticeship doesn't directly affect my day to day role, which is quite different to the apprenticeship. I have used some of the theories and techniques from the course in my working environment and it's interesting to see how colleagues react.

This year most of the extra-curricular activities have been unable to take place. Usually there are opportunities to get involved with activities.

9a. Would you recommend Premier Foods to a friend?

I am proud to work at Ambrosia, as part of Premier Foods. I am a 3rd generation employee and have worked here for almost 15 years. The company have been supportive of my family and I over the years.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Premier Foods?

Ambrosia, in Devon is a large employer. It offers a good working environment for many local families.