1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I assist my colleagues with day to day tasks such as producing and sending specified documents e.g. valuation reports to clients. Assisting with answering client queries and aiding with office management e.g. ordering supplies and greeting clients when attending meetings. Noting team meeting minutes and sending them to the appropriate team.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learn the different products and features that exist within the financial industry and how they benefit a client. I have also understood how to use all the different systems in place within UBS to complete my job role.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have really enjoyed the program. I feel that I have had plenty of support during my learning process.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I feel it is well structured and organised and each step is clearly explained when we are distributed to our cohorts.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive a great amount of support from my team within Manchester as well as those outside my office.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I receive a great amount of support from my training provider in terms of workshop days to aid us with our exams which goes over the content knowledge and exam questions.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I feel that this allows us to understand our job role better as well as the products and services we are providing to our clients.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There are plenty of extra curricular activities and events that are promoted within UBS and they are open when inviting internal staff.
9a. Would you recommend UBS to a friend?
It is an engaging and friendly place to work with plenty of opportunities for betterment and self-improvements.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to UBS?
To be honest and open and to not feel pressured to getting everything right. We are all human and can make mistakes, its when we own up to them that makes us better.