1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Being a point of contact between sales specialists and a company that provide cloud and security solutions to customers.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Learnt how to excel in a professional environment and the importance of organisation and hard work.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy most aspects of the programme - the team get on well, the culture is enjoyable. It meets my expectations for sure.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My training is less organised as it can be a mess sometimes however my programme at Vodafone is well structured.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive good support from my employer, im made to feel comfortable in the workplace. HR team are always available if needed.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I receive support from my training provider through meetings/calls when working towards my qualification. My targets are clearly set out and i know how to achieve them.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
I feel that ive performed better in my role through my training provider as i have learnt techniques in sales that i have implemented.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There are lots of extra-curricular activities to get involved in at Vodafone. Ranging from using AI to compute robots to LGBTQ catch ups.
9a. Would you recommend Vodafone to a friend?
Enjoyable place to work, and a fantastic opportunity to start your career on a major platform.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Vodafone?
Be friendly everyone is really nice and work hard - it'll pay off.