Engineering Apprentice at Rolls-Royce

£1,200 monthly
September 2019

Connect with Rolls-Royce

Design Projects NVQ question/ write-ups Team Meetings

Learnt a lot of new skills, including: Metal Work CAD Electrical Different Software packages

On the whole it is an enjoyable programme and you definitely get out what you put in.

Placements in the business are well organised and courses in the training centre. However, Derby Uni is very badly organised and lacks any structure.

Whenever I have needed support the company have been excellent at giving me extra help.

Are usually good at putting extra help in place when it is needed

It motivates me to get work done and adds to my understanding

Yes - lots of extra-curricular opportunities

9a. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend?

They give the impression that they value their employees and I feel we are well looked after. There are also lots of opportunities to move around and get to try different roles to find a good fit.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce?

Everyone is very friendly and be prepared to work hard!