1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Completing daily instructions from Survyeors for the upkeet and maintenace of leesing records/billings. Helping on client reporting and VAT reconcilations. Arranging payment of rent monies over to the client and creating remittances. Non recoverable funding reqeusts and the reconcilations.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes my time mamagement has imporved and my mentoring skills have been strengthened as i am training 3 other memberas of staff.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I found the programme very stressful throughout because i didnt know i should have been studying within working hours, so i was attending evening classes and doing homework/self study in my own time. A few hiccups with the tutors and teaching style but i have got through the course.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Programme was structured but not as much support with tutors when needed
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Couple of collegues helped here and there but employer in general over the 2 years hasn't really been too involved other than when tutor has come into the office for catch ups. Employer helped on my portfolio and providing feedback/evidence to support my points.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
Recieve tuition books, 3 hour weekly classes and given homework/mock exams. I had a couple of 1-2-1's with a tutor when i felt like i was stuggling.
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
Not much of my role related to the course as I dont work in an accountancy firm. I feel like it has helped with reconcilations and my understanding of VAT. Going forward when i have my own clients and complete their reporting i feel like it will help me to perform better.
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
There are some professional networking events but these are usually only offerred to Surveyors, not Accounts. there are a couple of sports teams and after work classes like yoga that we can get involved in.
9a. Would you recommend Savills to a friend?
good compnay to work for and provide good personal benefits. Colleagues are great
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Savills?
More from SavillsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!