Administrative officer at Civil Service

Cumbernauld
July 2019

Connect with Civil Service

My role is an administrative officer within the civil service. Working within the operational delivery profession means I provide customer service to members of the public.at the moment this involves telephony work.

I've developed my already existing communication skills and improved my customer service approach.

I enjoy the people on my programme but the company delivering the apprenticeship can seem unprofessional.

Poor structure and organisation. I should have a talent coach to help me throughout my apprenticeship but I have never met them or spoken to them.

My employer is very supportive providing specific times I can work on my apprenticeship.

None. My training provider should have assigned me a talent coach to answer any questions and approve my work throughout my apprenticeship but the coach I was assigned I met him once for approx 10 minutes and then he quit and I no longer have a talent coach.

It suits the job role in customer service.

9a. Would you recommend Civil Service to a friend?

They are a great employer that seems to care about their employees

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Civil Service?

Be very patient