1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
To carry out Maintenance at a Nuclear Power Plant and to complete my NVQ along side my Qualification Manual.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I learn something new everyday, I have lots become alot more confident with talking to poeple I don't know. Everyone is very helpful and they are willing to take the time to explain things to you.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The first 2 years I was training in Portsmouth which was being delivered by Babcock, unfortunately in my opinion didn't actually teach us the things that we needed to know.
Since being back on station I have learnt so many new things that I use everyday, however I wish that I had learnt these things before I has come back to station.
4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Since being back on station it is a lot better, and I have been progressing well.
5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I wish they could support me a little more, however it's probably better than most places.
6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
I have to sort this for myself
7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
It hasn't Babcock were terrible
8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
We have lots of group activties that we can do, we do somethings as a team too
9a. Would you recommend EDF Energy to a friend?
They are a really great company to work for
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EDF Energy?
Just try your best and be you
More from EDF EnergyMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!