Maintenance Apprentice at EDF Energy

Bridgwater
£1,200 monthly
April 2019

Connect with EDF Energy

To carry out Maintenance at a Nuclear Power Plant and to complete my NVQ along side my Qualification Manual.

I learn something new everyday, I have lots become alot more confident with talking to poeple I don't know. Everyone is very helpful and they are willing to take the time to explain things to you.

The first 2 years I was training in Portsmouth which was being delivered by Babcock, unfortunately in my opinion didn't actually teach us the things that we needed to know.

Since being back on station I have learnt so many new things that I use everyday, however I wish that I had learnt these things before I has come back to station.

Since being back on station it is a lot better, and I have been progressing well.

I wish they could support me a little more, however it's probably better than most places.

I have to sort this for myself

It hasn't Babcock were terrible

We have lots of group activties that we can do, we do somethings as a team too

9a. Would you recommend EDF Energy to a friend?

They are a really great company to work for

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EDF Energy?

Just try your best and be you