Degree Apprentice at Jaguar Land Rover

West Midlands
Degree Apprenticeship
April 2018

The department I work in is cost Engineering, however throughout my early experience with the course I have spent most of my time in college, completing a Foundation Degree in Engineering

I have developed my practical skills, as well as my knowledge in subjects such as Maths, Mechanics, Manufacturing and Materials

My colleagues and managers are all very helpful, and so far I am enjoying the apprenticeship.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 9 roles at Jaguar Land Rover

As I have had limited contact with my department so far it is hard to say how valued I am, however as apprentices we have access to everything the standard employees do, and we have a voice in decisions being made by the college or the company.

Due to the size of the [programme it sometimes seems there is a lack of organisation, however support is always there if you need it, and we are always made aware of key dates and meetings.

I am able to receive support when I need it, but as a chunk of the course is based on prior knowledge it's rare that I require help with the work.

My manager is easily accessible should I need assistance with anything, and the company has an office with support staff within the college which helps make access even easier. We also have Work Based Learning Managers which are within college but are employed by JLR.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 9 roles at Jaguar Land Rover

The salary is very competitive compared to other similar courses. Living costs in the are are fairly expensive, but the good salary more than covers it. The area has good travel links so cheap public transport to work or college is available.

As the training is done at WCG or the University of Warwick, there are opportunities for clubs and leisure. As apprentices we generally get invited to company events.

9. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend?

A great course with a competitive salary and fantastic opportunities.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover?

The application process is thorough, and the assessment day is quite strenuous but it is worth it in the end, and it is definitely worth doing the course if you plan on having a career in engineering.