EPAS Integration Engineering at Jaguar Land Rover

West Midlands
Degree Apprenticeship
April 2018

Development of Electronic Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) systems for Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles. Role includes system development and validation, project management and leadership using both internal and external networks, financial planning, etc.

Absolutely, to name some: - Networking. - Leadership. - Technical skills such as data acquisition methods, analysis, C+ programming, ability to utilise project management tools. - Financial decision making and risk analysis. - Personal communication ability.

Very much so - I've been given a high level of responsibility which I thrive off. The program far, far supersedes my expectations and has given me a very strong base to the start of my professional life.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 9 roles at Jaguar Land Rover

Very much so - as touched on above I'm given freedom and responsibility to undertake projects as I deem most appropriate. But, as a happy medium I am given ample support should I require escalation.

Mostly, very good. That said, with this being a trail blazer scheme there have been teething issues such as the role out of our End Point Assessment (EPA) which is not currently finalised.

A very good amount - my Work Based Learning Manager (WBLM) has come to be a friend as much as a professional colleague, providing guidance and support through the scheme.

My line manager is fantastically supportive if my personal and professional developments - providing time as needed for me to complete my obligations.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 9 roles at Jaguar Land Rover

Extremely competitively - as we near the end of scheme our salary is far beyond national average and is actually beyond the salary of some fully qualified personnel in the business.

There is opportunity (and expectation) to complete Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) events, with a strong team spirit making for social events such as pool nights, weekly games of squash, etc.

9. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend?

The company is a fantastic employer, offering opportunity for career progression, a sense of being valued and great support to it's younger generation coming through.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover?

Be confident and take ownership of your career progression - if you show commitment, enthusiasm of character there's fantastic opportunity within the company.