Customer assistant at Tesco

South East
July 2017

My involvement at Tesco includes the following departments: stock control, labels, produce and checkouts. My main department is stock control and that involves me reducing products that are due to expire the following day, removing products that are out of date from the shelf and reducing products that expire the same day at a 90% reduction.

Yes, I have learnt how to better interact with work colleagues and the system that Tesco uses for product reductions.

I really enjoy it as it has been a great experience to work for Tesco.

4. How valued do you feel by Tesco?

I feel really valued, as within the first month of me working there, I was given great feedback on my performance.

It is well structured as I have a set time period that I spend on each department.

I don't receive that much support after I have been trained, unless I ask for support.

Not too much support.

It covers my bills so I would say it does meet my expenditure.

No there aren't.

9. Would you recommend Tesco to a friend?

It is a great place to work with flexible times to work, so it is great for a student looking for part time work.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Tesco?

Be prepared for the interview and try and anticipate what questions could be asked.