1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My involvement at Tesco includes the following departments: stock control, labels, produce and checkouts. My main department is stock control and that involves me reducing products that are due to expire the following day, removing products that are out of date from the shelf and reducing products that expire the same day at a 90% reduction.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, I have learnt how to better interact with work colleagues and the system that Tesco uses for product reductions.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy it as it has been a great experience to work for Tesco.
4. How valued do you feel by Tesco?
I feel really valued, as within the first month of me working there, I was given great feedback on my performance.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is well structured as I have a set time period that I spend on each department.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I don't receive that much support after I have been trained, unless I ask for support.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Not too much support.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It covers my bills so I would say it does meet my expenditure.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
No there aren't.
9. Would you recommend Tesco to a friend?
It is a great place to work with flexible times to work, so it is great for a student looking for part time work.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Tesco?
Be prepared for the interview and try and anticipate what questions could be asked.
More from TescoMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!