1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role is to help out in the marketing department of the Repertory Theatre, Birmingham. I mainly do research into the upcoming shows and find new ways to contact potential visitors to the theatre. I also have the opportunity to work on advertisement and marketing strategies.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have improved my communication skills and have learnt about all Microsoft office programmes in detail.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy being in the relaxed office environment and feel very welcome among the marketing staff. However, sometimes the work can become repetitive.
4. How valued do you feel by Repertory Theatre?
I do feel valued by the staff at the REP; they keep me up to date with everything that is going on and let me know when I am doing a good job.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
There is always a task readily prepared for me when I arrive in the morning and if my supervisor is for example in a meeting, another member of staff will have been informed and is there to help me get started. The programme could be a bit more varied though.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Little training is needed for this role really, but my supervisor is always there to answer any questions I may have.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I feel comfortable asking any member of staff in the department for help if I need it; they are very supportive.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
This is a voluntary role.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
As a volunteer you are able to get complementary tickets to some of the shows mainly on the press nights. There are also events carried out by the theatre across the city which you can get involved in.
9. Would you recommend Repertory Theatre to a friend?
If you are looking to go into a marketing career in the future and also have an interest in the arts then I would recommend this employer. They are welcoming and helpful.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Repertory Theatre?
Have a think about what areas of the company you would be interested in exploring before you start and let them know about it. Otherwise you may end up doing repetitive work.
More from Repertory TheatreMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!