- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How valued do you feel by Farncombe Estate?
- 5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
- 6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
- 8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
- 9. Would you recommend Farncombe Estate to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Farncombe Estate?
I was a hospitality manager which involved going across a conference centre over a period of weeks and doing numerous jobs.
Yes, I have learnt how to manage a conference centre and a catering centre. I was able to plan out
I very much enjoyed it and was a good experience for me to do so that I could get a taste fot the industry.
I feel very valued by Farncombe, so much so they offered me a part time job after the work experience where I worked in the kitchen.
I would say it was very well structured as I was the fourth or fifth person to take part in the programme so they learnt from previous mistakes and have made it into a very good programme.
A lot, I was shadowed by someone for the whole experience so they could advise me if anything went wrong
Similarly to 6b; a lot, I was shadowed by someone for the whole experience so they could advise me if anything went wrong
The salary fits in well to my costs as the place is quite local and there is free food for all staff which reduced the living costs for me
Yeah they host regular team building events on the site which helped me to get involved with my co-workers and learn even more people skills
For anyone wanting to enter the industry it would be a great step up for them to grasp a vital bit of experience in hospitality.
Ensure you are well organized and on time to the interviews, showing plenty of enthusiasm would help also.
Catering & Hospitality