Rating

7.2/10
  • 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
  • I was a hospitality manager which involved going across a conference centre over a period of weeks and doing numerous jobs.

• 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
  • Yes, I have learnt how to manage a conference centre and a catering centre. I was able to plan out

• 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
  • I very much enjoyed it and was a good experience for me to do so that I could get a taste fot the industry.

• 4. How valued do you feel by Farncombe Estate?
  • I feel very valued by Farncombe, so much so they offered me a part time job after the work experience where I worked in the kitchen.

• 5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
  • I would say it was very well structured as I was the fourth or fifth person to take part in the programme so they learnt from previous mistakes and have made it into a very good programme.

• 6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
  • A lot, I was shadowed by someone for the whole experience so they could advise me if anything went wrong

• 6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
  • Similarly to 6b; a lot, I was shadowed by someone for the whole experience so they could advise me if anything went wrong

• 7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
  • The salary fits in well to my costs as the place is quite local and there is free food for all staff which reduced the living costs for me

• 8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
  • Yeah they host regular team building events on the site which helped me to get involved with my co-workers and learn even more people skills

• 9. Would you recommend Farncombe Estate to a friend?

• 9b. Why?
  • For anyone wanting to enter the industry it would be a great step up for them to grasp a vital bit of experience in hospitality.

• 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Farncombe Estate?
  • Ensure you are well organized and on time to the interviews, showing plenty of enthusiasm would help also.

Details