1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I was working for Wandsworth council dog control unit going out with the staff on daily duties and looking at the paperwork that they had to fill out. They also tailored the placement to include trips to vets and battersea park zoo as they benefited my goal for the work experience
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I developed existing skills of independence, time keeping and general organisation as well as experiencing professionalism in the work place.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It was very enjoyable as the staff were friendly and welcoming. the activities they specifically arranged for me were also very fun.
4. How valued do you feel by Wandsworth Dog Control Unit?
I felt very valued as they took the time to give me a text they usually give to new staff to assess their competence They also took the time to fill out a report for me which they sent to my school.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It was very organised as they sent me an itinerary in advance of the program which they stuck to.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I received a lot of support and they gave their number for me to contact them if i needed anything in future after my employment ended.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Limited support however it wasn't needed as the trainer was very helpful.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I wasn't given a salary as it was voluntary so I had to pay for my own travel and lunches.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
This was a one off work experience placement so there were not any opportunities outside of work.
9. Would you recommend Wandsworth Dog Control Unit to a friend?
It was enjoyable and helped my employability for future jobs.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Wandsworth Dog Control Unit?
Any work experience is good experience as it will help you decide what you want and don't want to do in life.
More from Wandsworth Dog Control UnitMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!