Sports Engagement & Participation Coordinator at Let Me Play

Central London & City
£1,100 monthly
April 2017

I was an apprentice sports coach working in a primary school four days a week and one day for training. I would be assisting in some PE lessons but also leading them depending on the class. I also worked/lead a program called Social Skills which was aimed at specific children who their teachers thought needed more interaction with other children.

I have learnt more fundamental coaching skills but also developed personal skills with in myself such as confidence, organisational and time-keeping skills.

i enjoyed my program a lot. I had a good team to work with inside the school as well as having the support from Let Me Play when completing the actual course work.

4. How valued do you feel by Let Me Play?

I felt valuable during the course because there was good communication consistently during my apprenticeship. When completing tasks in the office or for my course work, I was supported and valued.

There was a 4 week training period before I fully started the apprenticeship. then i was placed in a school after successfully having an interview with them. I would see my tutor once a week for training and a catch up. The program was really well organised

I saw my tutor once a week for a brief meeting/catch up as well as online support from the tutor as well. There was constant contact with the tutor if I ever needed anything.

I had good support with my employer as there was catch up meetings often between me and my manager. I also was contacting my employer/manager for advice when I needed it

It was good enough to help me travel to my work placement and back as well as daily costs on lunch etc. It allowed me social costs as well. It lasted me and covered the things I needed it to.

I was always invited to company events or activities outside of work. I was able to do community projects outside of work and take part in sport or leisure activities.

9. Would you recommend Let Me Play to a friend?

Let Me Play is a creative, hardworking and empowering company! They have given myself and other young people loads of opportunities to further our own lives. They offer young people the first step into a career.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Let Me Play?

To take every opportunity they can as it will benefit them more! Also to stay focused and motivated to complete and finish the course no matter what happens. The last thing was to take your training/interviews very serious.