1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
As an apprentice maintenance engineer I currently shadow colleagues in each area of the factory to allow me to learn about jobs that they must do. This includes preventative maintenance jobs as well as attending breakdowns.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learn how to carry out various tasks within the factory, such as water filter testing, changing pumps and motors, and I have also had ABB robotics training.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I thoroughly enjoy the apprenticeship and the opportunities it has given me.
4. How valued do you feel by Jaguar Land Rover?
I feel valued by my company and feel that recognition is given where due.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme for my year intake has been a little sketchy as it is the first year of a new structure. However it has been executed. I do feel that there could be more team building exercises
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I have always been given the support I need when I have asked
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I have had a lot of support from them
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I am currently studying some online courses with Vision2Learn and Future Learn, these have nothing to do with my employer
9a. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It is a great environment to work in and I really enjoy it
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover? *
Be yourself and prepare well for any tests or interviews they may have. Don't rush anything and research
More from Jaguar Land RoverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!