CMM Programmer at Jaguar Land Rover

Coventry

5.9/10

CMM Programmer - Programming CMM machines for future build measurements at pilot plant in Castle Bromwich.

Many, been on a lot of courses for CAD - have learnt a lot through college over the time I have been there

Somewhat, I feel sometimes I am not given enough training in the department I am in, but I feel the Apprentice team are always willing to help.

I do feel valued on the apprenticeship, by the company I'm not sure but by the apprenticeship itself yes.

Not very well organised on the college side as I've moved areas- this is due to the college rather than the apprenticeship.

I receive support when needed by the college - however, they could improve on there teaching styles as it doesn't suit everyone.

I receive some support from my employer from time to time but sometimes I am left to do the work by myself when I could probably do with some help.

It's a good salary for an apprentice in which we get a pay rise every 6 months providing we meet the standard wanted.

No there are no opportunities outside of work. There are opportunities for volunteering through JLR outside of work but I have been told by my manager I am not allowed so it depends what department you are in .

I enjoy the time I have spent here, The college side has been good and I have learnt a lot from the subject I have done.

Be prepared on your assessment days as it consists of different activities that you may have never done before - but it is enjoyable.