1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
CMM Programmer - Programming CMM machines for future build measurements at pilot plant in Castle Bromwich.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Many, been on a lot of courses for CAD - have learnt a lot through college over the time I have been there
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Somewhat, I feel sometimes I am not given enough training in the department I am in, but I feel the Apprentice team are always willing to help.
4. How valued do you feel by Jaguar Land Rover?
I do feel valued on the apprenticeship, by the company I'm not sure but by the apprenticeship itself yes.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Not very well organised on the college side as I've moved areas- this is due to the college rather than the apprenticeship.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I receive support when needed by the college - however, they could improve on there teaching styles as it doesn't suit everyone.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive some support from my employer from time to time but sometimes I am left to do the work by myself when I could probably do with some help.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It's a good salary for an apprentice in which we get a pay rise every 6 months providing we meet the standard wanted.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
No there are no opportunities outside of work. There are opportunities for volunteering through JLR outside of work but I have been told by my manager I am not allowed so it depends what department you are in .
9a. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
I enjoy the time I have spent here, The college side has been good and I have learnt a lot from the subject I have done.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover? *
Be prepared on your assessment days as it consists of different activities that you may have never done before - but it is enjoyable.
More from Jaguar Land RoverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!