Test Analyst at Prudential UK

Reading
13th December 2016

7.4/10

I am a test analyst and am currently focused on manual testing of functional defects. On a day-to-day basis I focus on retesting the current defects that are being fixed in the latest release.

During my time at Prudential they have already sent me on an external training course to learn java and a second one to further develop these skills. Internally I have been provided with a lot of training from other employees which has been very beneficial.

The overall experience has been enjoyable. My team are nice and always helpful.

4. How valued do you feel by Prudential UK?

I feel valued due to the nature of the work. Any retested defect I approve is ready to be deployed as a fix in the next build. This makes me feel responsible and valued.

The overall programme has been organised well. We had a scheduled induction week to provide us with an introduction and have received organised training.

The training provider initially was unhelpful failing to provide scheduled units and course dates, lacking meetings and not giving enough information on the overall course.

My manager allows me a good balance of time that I can distribute across, work, course documents and practicing for training. Any issues I have my manager can assist me resolve or pass me onto someone else with more knowledge.

Very well. The costs spent traveling to my training course were refunded on expenses as well.

There are frequent company events and outings that vary in size from just my team to whole company events.

9a. Would you recommend Prudential UK to a friend? *

Because they're a well recognised global company with many roles that aren't just IT based.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Prudential UK? *

Get some work experience and practice soft skills such as presenting and communication.