CNC Machinist at Jaguar Land Rover

Warwickshire

9.9/10

My role is a CNC Machinist creating parts which will be used in the testing of JLR vehicles. Day to day work involves building one off parts for various rigs and test cells, working with designers and test engineers.

As well as gaining my BTEC Level 3 and C&G Level 3, I have gained valuable skills in the machining trade which will help he throughout my career. I also hope to progress to higher learning in the future

I enjoy my job and apprenticeship very much, not many companies offer opportunities such as this. The team I work within is full of brilliant people and the pay is excellent.

Nearing the end of my apprenticeship with JLR and I feel valued in my department, by both my management team and colleagues. Both of which are highly supportive.

I feel that a majority of my apprenticeship has been very well structured. During my first 3 years there was a clear plan of training laid out for me, the only slight fault was during my 4th year NVQ, although this was due to a change in my chosen pathway. Despite this change, it was still dealt with quickly and with my learning in mind.

The support from the apprenticeship team has been very good, on a weekly and monthly basis as required.

I receive great support from my colleagues and employer as and when required.

The pay at JLR is excellent. It has enabled me to purchase my first house at the age of 21, I consider myself very lucky.

JLR provide opportunities to complete activities outside of work which are company funded. ELS provide a range of activities from skydiving to learning courses in other trades.

This company has provided me with an excellent career, the means to buy my own home and a comfortable life. I cannot see how this would not be appealing to everybody and how I could give the apprenticeship any less than 10/10.

My key advice which I have given before at CSR events would be to spend as much time and effort as possible in creating a solid and exclusive application. This will be referred to throughout the JLR interview process.