Instrumentation technician at Jaguar Land Rover

Warwickshire

1.0/10

Instrumentation technician. Day to day I support prototype builds fitting test equipment to the cars.

I have learnt lots of new skills including milling, welding, turning, fitting, and electronics.

I enjoy my plant roll however I do not enjoy attending college, it is unorganised, and unrealistic to the working world.

I do not feel valued by Jaguar Land Rover, I commute 55 miles to plant and 67 to college. When my car broke down and I asked to take holiday, I was told off for this. When asked about my future progression at this company I am told it is not possible to get a sponsored degree.

Extremely unorganised. There was no paperwork to start assessments for the trailblazer when started. Lots of tutors do not attend for lessons. Lessons are started and then ended the week after to start another lesson. Assignments are expected due in for a week, with limited if not 0 guided learning hours prior to the assignment handed out. Extended college days expected for future to catch up due to no lessons taking place for months. Support is limited, and often we are unaware of what is happening till the day.

Very limited. Do not enjoy attending college. Expected much more.

I receive lots of support from my employer to feel safe and happy at work however future development is not supported.

When started it just met my costs. The pay rises since help, however I pay £100 on average a week on car insurance and fuel just to get here. I then have living costs on top of this.

There are some, however they mostly have limited spaces.

Unorganised training at college, and not supportive with future development.