Automechanician at Jaguar Land Rover

Coventry
£250 weekly
13th June 2016

5.0/10

I am in my first year of my apprenticeship so I spend my week at college. Until august this is the majority of my role as i only spend the odd week in plant.

Although I haven't achieved any qualifications as of yet my knowledge has increased massively in the first half of the year and I feel a lot more confident that I am on a pathway to become competent.

I enjoy the people I work with however I will only work directly with 2 other people in my class as of next year. The college is okay but could be better ran/organised. overall I have enjoyed the experience however I would like a more varied day.

When spending time at plant you feel a part of the company and valued however time at college couldn't be more removed from JLR and quite often you forget you are working

From the offset it felt very organised and I thought everything will go smoothly throughout the year. However as the years gone on I've realised that not everything is as organised as it first appeared. And the communication structure could be improved.

The college supports us through our training at college and they are always there if you need help with anything inside or outside of college.

With certain issues they are very supportive but often you forget that they are there as you feel distant while at college.

I have moved out to join JLR so I have all new expenses that I never had before eg. food, rent, insurance. It is possible to live on the starting salary but it is very difficult especially if you want to leave the house and do something.

I have not took part in any other opportunities so far but I am aware of a few things to take part in.

It is a great company with opportunities to stay there for several years and progress throughout the company.

Stay calm confident and be your self as they hire on behaviours as well as abilities.