electrical and instrumentational apprentice at National Grid

kingswinford

for the first year i am mostly ased on a training ground where we receive the best training i have ever received.

i have learned many new skills including soldering wiring and manual handeling skills

i love the program and i am glad that i chose to do this instead of going to university

4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?

i feel extremely valued as i am part of the future of national grid

the program is very organised as we have received all the training on time and not missed any training

we have recceived all of the help that we needed and they are always there is you need help inside or outside of work

my employer also gives me the best support for both work on site and when i am training

this salary is perfect for an 18 year old who doesnt own a home yet.

there are many opportunities to do extra training to gain more qualifications if we like to

9a. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend? *

in my opinion they are the best engineering apprentiship as before this i turned down 3 other jobs to get this one.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid? *

be confident and i would recomend going to college first as you will have a big leap from gcse to a-level / btec level 3