Maintenance Engineer at EDF Energy

portsmouth
14th March 2016

9.2/10

I get a paid for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I get a bus to the training facility in the morning. Spend the day completing courses such as BTEC's and NVQ's. On and evening I usually spend my time using the facilities that are provided for me such as the gym and swimming pool.

i feel as though i have gained in confidence throughout the apprenticeship. i have also further my skills that i will be needing to have when working such as practical and hands on skills in electrical and mechanical units.

i do really enjoy the apprenticeship. the hardest part for me though is being away from home for so long. as this is the first time i have lived away from home it was very strange adjusting to the new surroundings.

4. How valued do you feel by EDF Energy?

i feel as though they treat me as an apprentice very well. i get really well looked after, any expenses paid for. eberything that i need is provided for me.

as this program has been running for a few years now everything is really well planned out, no complaints really

they help you as much as they can. you can ask the instructors anything and theyre always willing to help the best they can.

not that much, but it isnt really required. if you ever need anything you can raise a concern with them and they are more that likley to help me out.

pretty much everything is paid for so 90% of the money i earn is to be spent or saved at my leisure.

there are 3 trips in the first year and 1 in the second year. all of these trips envolve going to a variety of countries in Europe. there are also some clubs such as french lessons that you can attend if you want to.

9a. Would you recommend EDF Energy to a friend? *

they just seem to treat there employees so well and seem to really care.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EDF Energy? *

read up on how a powerstation works before the interview. they really do mean it when time will fly by once you get settled in.