Powertrain Tester Fitter at Jaguar Land Rover

Coventry

8.8/10

My role within Jaguar Land Rover is a Powertrain tester fitter, this could be either Engine test, Engine build, Vehicle workshop, Palletisation or and Emissions tester.

I have learnt a wide variety of new skills within my apprenticeship, from prototype engine builds to measuring emissions of new vehicles and the qualifications to go alongside this.

The nature of my programme means that I move departments regularly this means I have a wide variety of learning this is enjoyable and keeps the experience fresh.

I do feel valued by jaguar land rover, they spend an enormous amount of time and energy organising the apprentices learning schedule and they maximise any involvement within larger projects in the workplace

My training plan is basically structured from day 1 to the end of my 4th year, to train me to become as competent as possible in the field that has been chosen for me. I have meetings every 6 weeks with my training manager and my internal manager is very helpful with any issues I may have.

My training manager schedules meetings for me every 6 weeks to track my progress and address any issues I have. There is a local apprentice training team to my specific job who are also available to assist me at any point.

My employer has put together an entire Power train apprentice training team solely focused on improving the learning and progression of apprentices, this team are always available and happy to assist with any issues

My salary is very good considering im still in my apprenticeship, we receive a pay rise every 6 months which is quite significant.

All apprentices are asked to attend events outside of work to push the apprenticeship scheme and gain new applicants.

Interesting Jobs, Very good career prospects and great salaries.

Within the interview process make sure you explain many occasions where you have completed relevant tasks and worked well in a team, mention any successes you have had but also mention where you have made mistakes and when you have overcome them.