1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My daily role consist of doing IMT's and Btecs at the babcock engineering academy to gain my qualifications before going back to Hunterston Power Station.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
yes, all of the Imts and btecs have been building of my knowledge and I now have a better understanding of these areas.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The course is good, with a mix of practical to theory I can put my new found skills into practice. everyone works as a team and the course has exceeded my expectations.
4. How valued do you feel by EDF Energy?
I feel very valued and my opinion is always taken on board and not swept under the carpet. Everyone respects everyone and applies a questioning attitude.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
the course seems to be pretty fluid and there is never any issues with the structure.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Help is always on hand with very friendly and knowledgeable instructors willing to help where required and push me in the right direction.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
my employer is always there to offer support if required.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Living and travel costs are covered by eDF, I feel my wage is very good for a 2nd year apprentice
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
there are many activity's available outside of work its up to myself to make the most of them
9a. Would you recommend EDF Energy to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
The training and job opportunities are fantastic a really good company to work with
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EDF Energy? *
Make the most of it and give 110% from the start
More from EDF EnergyMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!