Control and Instruments apprentice at EDF Energy

Irvine
13th March 2016

8.0/10

My daily role consist of doing IMT's and Btecs at the babcock engineering academy to gain my qualifications before going back to Hunterston Power Station.

yes, all of the Imts and btecs have been building of my knowledge and I now have a better understanding of these areas.

The course is good, with a mix of practical to theory I can put my new found skills into practice. everyone works as a team and the course has exceeded my expectations.

4. How valued do you feel by EDF Energy?

I feel very valued and my opinion is always taken on board and not swept under the carpet. Everyone respects everyone and applies a questioning attitude.

the course seems to be pretty fluid and there is never any issues with the structure.

Help is always on hand with very friendly and knowledgeable instructors willing to help where required and push me in the right direction.

my employer is always there to offer support if required.

Living and travel costs are covered by eDF, I feel my wage is very good for a 2nd year apprentice

there are many activity's available outside of work its up to myself to make the most of them

9a. Would you recommend EDF Energy to a friend? *

The training and job opportunities are fantastic a really good company to work with

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EDF Energy? *