1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I will be working in the Powertrain Department within the Exhaust Systems. My role consists of managing suppliers and making exhaust systems for the company to the required standards. I interact with suppliers and other departments on daily basis. Right now, I am in college doing a Foundation Degree in Engineering .
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I am getting trained in different workshops to obtain engineering skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the work thoroughly as it varies to teamwork to individual work. Enough support is provided from the manager and teachers to help me with my apprenticeship.
4. How valued do you feel by Jaguar Land Rover?
The managers are really enthusiastic with me joining their department. I got a good insight into the job role I have been assigned to.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The induction was carried out nicely. There is enough support provided and there is enough training for the assessments.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Feedback is given when my work is assessed and I am told how I can improve my work.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Support is provided to me through resources and help for certain tasks.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It meets me well because I live locally. However, other people can sometimes face difficulties as they do not get paid enough for their expenses.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes there are. For example, I am participating in a charity known as Micro-Tyco.
9a. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Great company to work for. Well supported throughout the programme.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover? *
Make sure you practice the practice questions well before the actual assessment. Also, do not be under pressure at the assessment centre.
More from Jaguar Land RoverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!