1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
variety of tasks from stripping down components and building them up all the way up to getting involved on major breakdowns as well as sitting on the line.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
welding and fabricating courses have been useful however we do not get the oppurtunity to go on other additional training courses or programmes to further ourselves.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
i enjoy the programme very much but however i feel like we were more of an after thought on the apprenticeship programme rather than a key career path.
4. How valued do you feel by Jaguar Land Rover?
i feel valued as an apprentice by jaguar land rover but sometimes i feel we are used as cheap labour and used to do more odd jobs rather than what we should be doing.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
very last minute organising with lots of wasted time including a year spent at college doing an equivalent qualification to what we would then go on to do in years 2 and 3.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
we have not received any further help from our training provider since we went into the workplace and have been left to our own devices with minimal guidance from them.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The only support we receive is from our maintenance colleagues on the shop floor who are always aiding our training. On the other hand we receive little to no input from managers.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
the salary is enough to support a single person comfortably however it is not enough to support people with families and houses to pay for this may put them off the apprenticeship.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Lots of activities to take part in around the local community as well as the employee learning scheme which allows us to try things we may not have done before.
9. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend?
A company that pays very well and is a clean environment to work in.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover?
arrive early at interviews and do well under pressure
More from Jaguar Land RoverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!