maintenance apprentice at Jaguar Land Rover

Coventry

5.6/10

variety of tasks from stripping down components and building them up all the way up to getting involved on major breakdowns as well as sitting on the line.

welding and fabricating courses have been useful however we do not get the oppurtunity to go on other additional training courses or programmes to further ourselves.

i enjoy the programme very much but however i feel like we were more of an after thought on the apprenticeship programme rather than a key career path.

i feel valued as an apprentice by jaguar land rover but sometimes i feel we are used as cheap labour and used to do more odd jobs rather than what we should be doing.

very last minute organising with lots of wasted time including a year spent at college doing an equivalent qualification to what we would then go on to do in years 2 and 3.

we have not received any further help from our training provider since we went into the workplace and have been left to our own devices with minimal guidance from them.

The only support we receive is from our maintenance colleagues on the shop floor who are always aiding our training. On the other hand we receive little to no input from managers.

the salary is enough to support a single person comfortably however it is not enough to support people with families and houses to pay for this may put them off the apprenticeship.

Lots of activities to take part in around the local community as well as the employee learning scheme which allows us to try things we may not have done before.

A company that pays very well and is a clean environment to work in.

arrive early at interviews and do well under pressure