1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I work alongside maintenance, attending to faults and general tasks to help production or fixing parts and components. Also performing preventative maintenance tasks, cleaning and checking regularly used machinery.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt many new skills, many of them practical, including welding, filing, turning, milling and drilling. I have also begun to learn about software and controls engineering, working with PLCs.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It is a lot of fun, every day is new and different and varied. I always enjoy coming to work. However some elements of the actual programme could do with slightly more organisation or direction.
4. How valued do you feel by Jaguar Land Rover?
I feel like a valued apprentice, I am monitored regularly by my manager and ITM and kept up to date with work and tasks.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is relatively well organised, some elements have seemed a little rough but a lot of these have been ironed out over the past 2 years.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
My training provider offered me a lot of support, many experienced tutors and top class facilities to work in.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
They are very supportive and consistently check I am busy, on task and enjoying myself.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very well, actually. I am able to live away from home and run a car comfortably with the money I am being paid.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, there are lots of events and work-related activities to take part in to further your knowledge.
9a. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
They're a large, well-known company within a huge industry. They offer many perks but in return ask you to work hard.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover? *
Work hard and be honest. Try to attain some relevant work experience and be confident whilst interviewing.
More from Jaguar Land RoverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!