Controls Maintenance at Jaguar Land Rover

Birmingham
26th June 2015

7.2/10

I work alongside maintenance, attending to faults and general tasks to help production or fixing parts and components. Also performing preventative maintenance tasks, cleaning and checking regularly used machinery.

I have learnt many new skills, many of them practical, including welding, filing, turning, milling and drilling. I have also begun to learn about software and controls engineering, working with PLCs.

It is a lot of fun, every day is new and different and varied. I always enjoy coming to work. However some elements of the actual programme could do with slightly more organisation or direction.

I feel like a valued apprentice, I am monitored regularly by my manager and ITM and kept up to date with work and tasks.

It is relatively well organised, some elements have seemed a little rough but a lot of these have been ironed out over the past 2 years.

My training provider offered me a lot of support, many experienced tutors and top class facilities to work in.

They are very supportive and consistently check I am busy, on task and enjoying myself.

Very well, actually. I am able to live away from home and run a car comfortably with the money I am being paid.

Yes, there are lots of events and work-related activities to take part in to further your knowledge.

They're a large, well-known company within a huge industry. They offer many perks but in return ask you to work hard.

Work hard and be honest. Try to attain some relevant work experience and be confident whilst interviewing.