Electrical apprentice at EDF Energy

lancaster

Connect with EDF Energy

9.1/10

As an apprentice My role is to understand and learn the various jobs required to perform electrical maintenance on a nuclear powerstation. I need to understand the procedures to be followed and the quality and behavioural expectations as well.

I have developed my fault finding skills, Human performance skills, communication skills and confidence with many aspects of my life.

I really enjoyed the residential part to the apprenticeship program, 2 years semi-independant living away from home was a great experience. At times it was hard, but looking back it was brilliant. The hands on experience in the training centres down on HMS Sultan where good.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 1 role at EDF Energy

4. How valued do you feel by EDF Energy?

I feel very valued, They have invested a lot into me, helped me develope as a person, and to develope new skills not only relevant to my job role but with a wider benefit to myself.

Very structured, well known expectations and standards on what level I have to achieve. Easily understood.

I recieve as much support as I feel I require. I can always request futher training on areas I am struggling.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 1 role at EDF Energy

Very good Salary / package. suitable for each level of apprenticeship, year 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 increases suit responsabilities

Always various events on going, can be involved in my job role, and other various work groups.

9a. Would you recommend EDF Energy to a friend? *

Very good employer, good benefits, well looked after, further career development opportunities

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EDF Energy? *

Work hard to understand as much as possible before applying. Visit the visitors centre and have a plant tour, try do some work experience here and build a basic knowlege of plant.