Higher Business Apprentice (Sponsored Degree) - Stevenage at MBDA
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
MBDA is a world leader in missiles and missile systems, consisting of a multinational integrated group with 10,000+ employees across France, UK, Italy, Germany, Spain and the USA. Through mastering cutting-edge precision technologies, developing and producing new products, MBDA is the only European Group capable of designing and producing missiles and missile systems to meet current and future operational requirements for the three armed forces (Army, Navy, Air Force). With the constant changing specifications arising from increasingly complex engagement scenarios, our innovative solutions guarantee customers an unrivalled product portfolio.
Higher Business Apprentice (Sponsored Degree) - Stevenage
MBDA offers a four-year programme for its business apprentices. It is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a scheme that has developed some of the leading business apprentices in the UK.
Business apprentices study towards a Chartered Management qualification at Hertfordshire University in Hatfield on day release. This qualification will enable them to gain a recognised degree and professional experience.
During the remainder of the working week apprentices work within our business on rotational placements, whilst earning a competitive salary and with access to all of the company benefits. This unique way of studying allows you to earn an academic and nationally recognised qualification as well as gain hands on learning experience within a professional and friendly workplace.
Placements within the business include Business and Performance (Project Management), Commercial, Procurement, and Supply Chain. As well as challenging placements apprentices have the opportunity to undertake developmental training, including two week-long residential courses in Wales to develop skills, such as team working, business communication, presentation and project management skills, and they attend a two day career development workshop towards the end of the scheme. We also offer opportunities for our apprentices to support STEM activities, such as school career fairs, and onsite challenges for school pupils such as the robot rumble.
On commencing employment you will attend an induction event that allows you the opportunity to interact with fellow new-starters, and integrate into the business. You'll be provided with formal advice and guidance throughout the scheme by Human Resources, various managers across the business and a trained mentor.
What are the benefits for you?
- Fully funded degree in Business Studies
- 5 days per year paid study time
- On the job training support
- Fantastic opportunities to bring your knowledge to schools as a STEM ambassador
- Personal development events and experiences
- Flexi Time scheme
- 25 days holiday plus all statutory and public holidays
What's great about joining MBDA?
- A breadth of experience and support available which include a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA, access to the mentoring scheme and regular informal meetings with other Early Careers Programme (ECP) members.
- You will be working in an assistive and collaborative open plan working environment aimed at aiding your learning and development.
What we are looking for from you?
Candidates are expected to have a minimum of 120 UCAS points at BTEC or A-Level (Equivalent of three B's)
To apply please complete an online application form that must be submitted by 30th March 2018 at the latest. The application form will be reviewed by a member of Human Resources to ensure you meet the academic criteria and have completed the form fully and accurately. Successful candidates will then be invited to take an online test with Saville Consulting to assess your verbal, numerical and diagrammatic knowledge. There is a pass mark required, and candidates who achieve this pass mark will have their application form and test results reviewed by a selection of managers across the business. Successful candidates will be invited to an assessment day in April, which will include an interview and group task.
What you would get:
- MBDA offers a competitive salary (starting salary of £14,000 with annual pay reviews of up to £4,000 dependent upon performance both within the business and at university/college) bonus scheme, flexible working hours, generous holiday, a wealth of sporting and social activities, fantastic site facilities, excellent learning and development opportunities, a comprehensive pension scheme, a bonus scheme, and more
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.